Journey On! 2021-2022 Reopening Plans
Our September reopening plans have been created and will continue to be shaped utilizing three essential factors:
- Updated guidance from the CDC, NJ State, and the local health departments
- Case numbers in our immediate area, the region, and the state
- Student access to vaccines
Please note that these plans are subject to change as guidance and school requirements are updated in the coming weeks. Final reopening guidance and updates will be sent via an email to families in mid-August to ensure we remain current and adaptable.
Our strategies for the coming year:
- Plan for a return to our pre-pandemic student schedule and routines.
- Resume normal routines for those grade levels that are fully vaccinated.
- Utilize appropriate safeguards and risk mitigation strategies that protect the unvaccinated grade levels who do not meet the age requirement for vaccinations as of our reopening.
- In-Person Learning
- Group Gatherings
- Parent/Guardian Helpers
- Mask-Wearing, Physical Distancing, Plexiglass, and Ventilation
- Shared Supplies
- Testing Prior to the First Day of School and Labor Day Travel
- Ongoing Saliva Pool Testing
- General Cohorting Principles
- Arrival, Health Screenings, Dismissal, and Class Schedules
- Early Morning Care
- Afterschool Programs
- Orientation and Transition Back to School
- Trips and Transportation
- Medical Records and Health Forms
This page last updated on August 26, 2021