Collaboration. Inclusivity. Nurturing a strong community.
These are key facets of Stevens' communication philosophy and goals.
The purpose of Stevens' communications to our various constituencies is to keep our community informed about school-related events, activities, news and relevant updates, share information that allows our students' learning to continue at home, and to foster a strong home-school partnership.
We utilize our various communication platforms in different ways.
Throughout the year, you will hear from our various departments. Emails from the school provide pertinent information for community members.
What you can expect:
Regularly recurring communications
- Emails from the school, generally, will come from our Head of School and Academic Team, as well as our Development, Auxiliary, Admissions, Business and Communications departments, and will include timely information.
- Each Sunday, families receive the Events & Reminders eNewsletter, which includes information about the upcoming week's happenings, timely announcements, and Save-the-Date information.
- You can expect to hear from your child's teachers every two weeks with Class News.
- Each month the school sends the Mini Scoop eNewsletter, which highlights the meaningful work our students and faculty, as well as notable achievements.
- In the winter and spring, Stevens Cooperative School’s exceptional educational experience and vibrant community are brought to life through the SCOOP Magazine, the magazine for Stevens' friends, families and alumni. Through this publication, we strive to highlight our academic excellence, student achievements and more.
- We also strive to connect, reconnect and engage with our alumni community - we love to hear from you!
Response and reflection communications
- We recognize the continued marginalization of different groups in our community and world. When such incidents occur, some will require responses, while others lend themselves to conversations and discussions in classrooms. Regardless of the nature, our administration is always available to have conversations with our students and families, and listen to their concerns, fears, and reflections, as we endeavor to provide safe spaces for our students, our families and our staff, always.
- If devastation occurs in our world, the school will reflect and communicate if and when we are participating in relief and response efforts.
Our social posts on the school’s Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn pages serve as a peek into the activities and learning that are taking place during the day.
We acknowledge that religious and cultural identity is another important facet of our Stevens community. We acknowledge a variety of holidays, observances, and history and heritage months on social media throughout the school year.
We remain flexible based on the evolving demographics of our community and continue to ensure that all families and staff feel represented. To suggest the addition of any observances, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social media will also be a platform we will use to celebrate figures, individuals and organizations that embody our mission and serve as role models to our students in their actions and words.
We are always reflecting on the way we communicate with our families and staff, and strive for continuous improvement, as we strike a balance for both our messengers and readers.
It is our goal for every one of our community members to feel included, considered, and represented in our communications, and we hope you will reach out to us with any feedback or concerns.