We are always excited to welcome candidates and their families from other parts of the United States and around the world. We do our best to accommodate all candidates during our admissions cycle. For families who are applying to Stevens Cooperative School and are not local, we hope that you will find our remote application process to be helpful.
If you are applying from outside of the United States, please find more information here.
REMOTE APPLICATION PROCESS OVERVIEW
- Follow the online application process as outlined here, including dates, deadlines, financial aid and notification.
- Indicate “Skype interview required" on your application progress page under the "Interview" section.
- Skype Interviews can be conducted for applicants to grades 1st - 7th only. Applicants for the 2 year old program - Kindergarten must do in person interviews.
- Submit all required forms to your child’s current school.
- The Admissions Office will contact you with dates and details.
- Provide the Admissions Office with email contact information for your child’s current school office. Please alert your school office that you are applying to Stevens Cooperative School, and that someone from our Admissions Office will be reaching out via email.
- The Admissions Office will email assessment work for your child to do with their classroom teacher.
- Your child’s school will email the school work back to Stevens at least one week prior to the Skype interview.
- The Admissions Office will email you approximately one week prior to your Skype interview with information to help prepare both you and your child.
- The Admissions Office will coordinate the date and time for your Skype interview.
- The Skype interview will include your child and one parent or grown-up. We ask to be introduced to the grown-up, who can then move to another part of the room while we conduct our interview with your child.
- Your child will meet with a teacher and possibly an educational administrator for approximately 20 - 30 minutes depending on grade level.
- On the Skype interview, the teacher will provide a time for your child and the teacher to get to know each other and to discuss work done prior to the interview.
TEACHER PHONE MEETING
Someone from the Admissions Office will speak with your child’s primary teacher for approximately 15 minutes. It will help us get to know your child as a student and community member.
If needed, the Admissions Office will coordinate a time for a parent/guardian phone interview.