Work at Stevens
Stevens Cooperative School is an equal opportunity employer. We do not exclude anyone based on their race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.
The Auxiliary department at Stevens Cooperative School seeks afterschool program teachers to supervise and insure the safety and well-being of the children, provide a fun and nurturing environment and attend to the needs of the children as individuals and as a group.
- Supervise children enrolled in the afterschool program
- Interact with and provide attention to children at all times
- Implement activities that reflect the mission and vision of the school
- Set boundaries and activities for each day
- Oversee homework time, snack time and planned activities
- Set up activities and materials before each day's program and clean up before leaving each day
- Check to make sure that homework is done and help children keep track of their belongings
- Communicate daily with the program coordinator
- Report in writing any injuries or illnesses to an administrator
Qualifications: Enrolled in or graduated from a bachelor's degree program in education or related field.
Hours: 3:00 - 6:00 pm, Monday - Friday
Locations: Jersey City and Hoboken
Start date: Immediate
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Afterschool Teacher” in the subject line.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Per Diem” in the subject line.