Work at Stevens
Stevens Cooperative School is an equal opportunity employer. We do not exclude anyone based on their race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.
The Auxiliary department at Stevens Cooperative School seeks afterschool program teachers to supervise and insure the safety and well-being of the children, provide a fun and nurturing environment and attend to the needs of the children as individuals and as a group.
- Supervise children enrolled in the afterschool program
- Interact with and provide attention to children at all times
- Implement activities that reflect the mission and vision of the school
- Set boundaries and activities for each day
- Oversee homework time, snack time and planned activities
- Set up activities and materials before each day's program and clean up before leaving each day
- Check to make sure that homework is done and help children keep track of their belongings
- Communicate daily with the program coordinator
- Report in writing any injuries or illnesses to an administrator
- Enrolled in or graduated from a bachelor's degree program in education or related field.
Hours: 3:00 - 6:00 pm, Monday - Friday
Locations: Jersey City and Hoboken
Start date: Immediate
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Afterschool Teacher” in the subject line.
Stevens Cooperative School is seeking a full-time 3rd - 8th grade science specialist for its Newport campus. We seek an experienced teacher with a successful track record to teach science to 3rd through 8th grade students. We look for candidates with intelligence, energy, optimism, creativity, excellent relationship skills, a collaborative approach and a passion for fostering a strong culture of student engagement in learning, in close alignment with our mission. Our faculty models a spirit of collaboration and inquiry to inspire students to “explore, question and communicate in ways that will shape the future.” Administrators and faculty work together to fulfill the school’s mission of “a world of well-informed, engaged citizens who are motivated to make a difference.”
We are looking for a professional who is energetic, has a positive attitude, and is a self-starter. Working with students in an engaging manner and fostering a love for science and instilling confidence in the program with parents is required. Candidates should be creative and flexible, and have strong organizational and classroom management skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary in order to develop interpersonal relationships with faculty, parents, and students.
● Experience with teaching science to these grade level/age ranges
● Understanding of progressive education practices and hands-on, inquiry-based approach with real world application
● Undergraduate degree required and completed masters degree preferred in science content area
● Ability to motivate and stimulate children's learning abilities through a range of experiences
● Understanding and commitment to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) integration
● Ability to cultivate and maintain a safe and inclusive classroom culture that values various perspectives
● Experience in creating a safe environment for students to ask questions, take risks, problem solve and communicate their thinking.
● Proficient with using technology (Mac-based, Google Suite and use of Smartboard and Chromebooks)
● Flexibility and resourcefulness
● Skilled writer and communicator
● Experience developing curriculum with knowledge of assessment practices
● Knowledge and experience with maintaining written records of individual student development, which includes competency checklists and narrative comments on reports.
● Motivated to grow and willing to collaborate with others
● Previous experience in an independent school or excitement to join an independent school community
● Collaborative and creative educator who is willing to work with colleagues of diverse backgrounds on pedagogical approaches, curricular alignment and instructional strategies.
● Interpersonal skills to Interact effectively and sensitively with a diverse population of students, faculty and parent body.
Terms of Employment:
● 10 Month
● Standard work hours and vacation as per the Faculty/Staff Handbook
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Science position."
Stevens Cooperative School is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty and staff body and is eager to consider applications from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Per Diem” in the subject line.