Work at Stevens
Stevens Cooperative School is an equal opportunity employer. We do not exclude anyone based on their race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.
- Afterschool Teachers
- Assistant Summer Camp Director
- Interim Technology Teacher (Temporary One-Year Position) for Pre K - Grade 2
- Per Diem Teachers
The Auxiliary department at Stevens Cooperative School seeks afterschool program teachers to supervise and insure the safety and well-being of the children, provide a fun and nurturing environment and attend to the needs of the children as individuals and as a group.
- Supervise children enrolled in the afterschool program
- Interact with and provide attention to children at all times
- Implement activities that reflect the mission and vision of the school
- Set boundaries and activities for each day
- Oversee homework time, snack time and planned activities
- Set up activities and materials before each day's program and clean up before leaving each day
- Check to make sure that homework is done and help children keep track of their belongings
- Communicate daily with the program coordinator
- Report in writing any injuries or illnesses to an administrator
Qualifications: Enrolled in or graduated from a bachelor's degree program in education or related field.
Hours: 3:00 - 6:00 pm, Monday - Friday
Locations: Jersey City and Hoboken
Start date: Immediate
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Afterschool Teacher” in the subject line.
Stevens Cooperative School is seeking an Assistant Summer Camp Director who will work as needed part-time in March - June with the Summer Camp Director. The Assistant Summer Camp Director will meet when needed with the Summer Camp Director to discuss progress and ongoing planning. Full-time work will run from the week before camp starts in June through the week camp ends in August to bring closure. The Assistant Camp Director reports to the Camp Director.
- Main Responsibilities of the Assistant Camp Director include but are not limited to the following:
- Attend January/February camp open houses for families and family orientation
- Assist in interviewing and hiring of summer camp staff
- Assist in training and supervising all camp staff
- Assume and collaborate on organizational aspects of camp with Camp Director (creating group binders, retrieving pertinent information from database, creating and disseminating daily schedules, etc.)
- Communicate thoughtfully and professionally with camp families regarding topics such as student related behavior and incidents
- Ensure that program participants have a safe and positive camp experience
- Promote camp spirit--able to lead whole camp activities like morning meetings and camp cheers
- Assist in managing student conflicts, crises, and unanticipated events that affect camp
- Attend field trips and outings to the pool (Newport only)
- Set up buildings for camp with the Camp Director and APD
- Work with Camp Director and APD to set up camp groups
- Maintain ongoing evaluation process of camp programs, staff, site and facilities. Make recommendations for improvements.
- Assure that the camp philosophy and practices align with our mission and school year values
- Assist in the breakdown of camp with Summer Camp Director
- Other responsibilities assigned by the Summer Camp Director as needed
Affinity for progressive education and process, the mission and values of Stevens Cooperative School, and the respectful, collaborative, inclusive environment we strive to create. Energetic, innovative, hard working and collaborative. Successful candidates will have the energy and ambition to plan and execute Stevens Summer Camp to the highest degree of excellence. They will be organized, attentive to detail, and motivated by authentic interest in the experience of the participants in the programs.
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform essential functions of the job:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of experience managing summer programs or equivalent
- A high level of integrity and an extraordinary work ethic
- Excellent organizational skills and a willingness to work long camp hours
- A love of children
- Experience with safety and crisis management
- Well-developed collaborative work style
- A creative self-starter who brings wisdom, perspective, confidence and excellent problem solving skills to the position
- A strong cultural competency and ability to work with a diverse community
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; comfortable speaking in a professional manner to camp families
- A positive outlook, and a sense of humor
Please submit resume and cover letter to attention of Auxiliary Programs Director at firstname.lastname@example.org and Summer Camp Director at email@example.com. Please include "Assistant Camp Director" in the subject line.
Stevens Cooperative School, a twos through 8th grade independent school with campuses in Hoboken and Jersey City, NJ, seeks a technology teacher to begin in mid August 2017. This interim position will be for 10 months and will end on June 30th. The position is cross campus and involves teaching a total of seven 1st and 2nd grade classes per week as well as supporting Pre-K and Kindergarten teachers with professional development and technology integration using primarily 3-1 integrated boards (Epson Brightlink 595wi projectors), teacher macbook airs, iPad minis, and doing one trimester of Dash and Dot robots with the PK-K classes. The technology teacher may also be asked to provide professional development and technology integration for older grades as appropriate.
This position reports to the academic team and is a full-time position.
- Plans a technology education program involving demonstrations, student led discussions, hands-on activities, and direct application of skills consistent with the school’s technology curriculum; organizes activities for optimal learning.
- Leads with the preparation of resource rich lessons and interactive technology activities for students.
- Instructs students in the proper use, care and safe handling of equipment.
- Monitors student progress and maintains relevant evidence of student learning.
- Evaluates the growth of students in their understanding and use of technology with regards to knowledge, skills and attitude and prepares report cards.
- Establishes and maintains student expectations for a productive learning environment during class sessions.
- Collaborates with Pre-K and Kindergarten teachers as well as the academic team toward tech integration that enhances learning.
- Provides formal and informal professional development to Pre-K and Kindergarten Teachers as well as other potential teachers.
- Supports various tools, including the use of 3-1 integrated boards (Epson Brightlink 595wi) and ipad minis in the classroom.
- Provides instruction to PK-K students on the use of Dash and Dot robots as an introduction to robotics.
- Communicates with parents and appropriate school personnel on student progress.
- Participates in faculty committees and other required duties.
- Works effectively with all members of the staff.
- Exhibits an outstanding level of teacher support and collaborative spirit.
The ideal candidate:
- Will have knowledge and experience with the use of a wide range of tools, media and learning environments for teaching, learning and assessing.
- Will have an interest in working with early childhood and elementary age students.
- Will have experience with and knowledge of curriculum development.
- Will possess a bachelor’s degree in education or a technology related field (Masters preferred).
- Will have a working knowledge of current and emerging technologies, and the ability to share that knowledge in an organized and effective manner with students of varying ages and ability levels.
- Will be proficient in Mac, I-pad, and 3-1 integrated board (Epson Brightlink 595wi) and/or Smartboard) usage.
Resumes should be emailed with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Interim Technology Teacher”.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Per Diem” in the subject line.